termiflyer

Default Cross referencing number only from automatic numbering

I know similar things have been asked before, but I didn't find the
answer. It's hard to believe that it can't be done.

My figure and table captions have the following format (automatic,
outline numbered, can't select number):

Figure 2-4.
Table 1-3.

Any format of a cross reference (including number only) to these
paragraphs give me the text, the number, the dash, the period, and the
spaces.

Is there any way to get the number only without a whole lot of manual
labor? It's probably hard to ask for the dash also!!

termiflyer

Answered my own question. After you insert the cross reference, toggle
field codes and add the \t switch. Works like a charm (Word 2000), and
includes the dash even. I can't believe it!