Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] fatguy24@gmail.com is offline

Default Common Symbols on Toolbar

How do I create a toolbar of symbols I use regularly within microsoft
word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Start with Tools|Customize

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message oups.com...
| How do I create a toolbar of symbols I use regularly within microsoft
| word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And then what? I gave an incorrect answer to this question
earlier--confusing the Common Symbols category in the Customize Keyboard
dialog with the functions of the Customize dialog, but it would appear that
although you can assign keyboard shortcuts to these symbols quite easily,
there's no straightforward way to assign them to a menu or toolbar.

"macropod" wrote in message
Start with Tools|Customize

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message

oups.com...
| How do I create a toolbar of symbols I use regularly within microsoft
| word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Ah, I see what you're getting at - I made the same mistake. In that case, the OP would probably need to create a macro for the
symbol insertion and create a toolbar button for each symbol.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
| And then what? I gave an incorrect answer to this question
| earlier--confusing the Common Symbols category in the Customize Keyboard
| dialog with the functions of the Customize dialog, but it would appear that
| although you can assign keyboard shortcuts to these symbols quite easily,
| there's no straightforward way to assign them to a menu or toolbar.
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
| all may benefit.
|
| "macropod" wrote in message
| Start with Tools|Customize
|
| Cheers
|
| --
| macropod
| [MVP - Microsoft Word]
|

| wrote in message
| oups.com...
| | How do I create a toolbar of symbols I use regularly within microsoft
| | word?
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think that was the gist of the original response to this question: a
macro, which just seemed so over-the-top to me, but I agree it seems to be
the only way. Of course, since I use keyboard shortcuts for all these
symbols, it wouldn't occur to me to try to put them on a toolbar.

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

Ah, I see what you're getting at - I made the same mistake. In that case,

the OP would probably need to create a macro for the
symbol insertion and create a toolbar button for each symbol.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

| And then what? I gave an incorrect answer to this question
| earlier--confusing the Common Symbols category in the Customize Keyboard
| dialog with the functions of the Customize dialog, but it would appear

that
| although you can assign keyboard shortcuts to these symbols quite

easily,
| there's no straightforward way to assign them to a menu or toolbar.
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

newsgroup so
| all may benefit.
|
| "macropod" wrote in message
| Start with Tools|Customize
|
| Cheers
|
| --
| macropod
| [MVP - Microsoft Word]
|

| wrote in message
| oups.com...
| | How do I create a toolbar of symbols I use regularly within

microsoft
| | word?
| |