A Greatful Person

Default Request for consideration for Purple Heart.

Could someone please help me, I have been asked to write a request to the
United States Army, requesting a Purple Heart Medal be awarded for wounds
received in Korea, during December 1950. This letter will be written for an
80 year old veteran,
any help that I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely:

George D. Perry
Greg Maxey

George,

For the Word part, you open the application and start typing.

Actually, I believe the request is made on a Standard Form (SF180). Here is
a link that contains information (toward the end of the article) for
obtaining the form.

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...urpleheart.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

A Greatful Person wrote:
Could someone please help me, I have been asked to write a request to
the United States Army, requesting a Purple Heart Medal be awarded
for wounds received in Korea, during December 1950. This letter will
be written for an 80 year old veteran,
any help that I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance.

Sincerely:

George D. Perry

Jim Henderson

Contact your local Disabled American Veterans group (or lacking than, VFW)
and ask them for help. They have a staff person that can get you started.
I'd start tomorrow, even if you use MS Word it can take years to get it
processed.