Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barbara Wiseman Barbara Wiseman is offline

Default View Merged data not working

Hello,
I am using Word 2003 merging data from Excel 2003.

I have been using this for several years, producing invoices in word from a
small database in excel for a small charity.

Today for the first time when I open the invoice, say yes to the "opening
this document will run the following SQL command: SELECT * FROM 'merge' "
the fields appear as {MERGEFIELD . . . } and do not change when I click on
the 'view merged data' tool in the mail merge tool bar.

I have searched the archives but have not seen anything like this.
Can anyone shed any light on this, please.
Barbara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Click Alt-F9 and/or check the field-related options in Tools-Options-View

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Barbara Wiseman" wrote in message
Hello,
I am using Word 2003 merging data from Excel 2003.

I have been using this for several years, producing invoices in word from
a small database in excel for a small charity.

Today for the first time when I open the invoice, say yes to the "opening
this document will run the following SQL command: SELECT * FROM 'merge' "
the fields appear as {MERGEFIELD . . . } and do not change when I click on
the 'view merged data' tool in the mail merge tool bar.

I have searched the archives but have not seen anything like this.
Can anyone shed any light on this, please.
Barbara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barbara Wiseman Barbara Wiseman is offline

Peter,
Thank you so much, it is so simple when you know the 2 buttons to press,
Alt - F9 did the trick.
I have no idea how it got changed.

Yours gratefully,
Barbara.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
Click Alt-F9 and/or check the field-related options in
Tools-Options-View

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Barbara Wiseman" wrote in message
Hello,
I am using Word 2003 merging data from Excel 2003.

I have been using this for several years, producing invoices in word from
a small database in excel for a small charity.

Today for the first time when I open the invoice, say yes to the "opening
this document will run the following SQL command: SELECT * FROM 'merge' "
the fields appear as {MERGEFIELD . . . } and do not change when I click
on the 'view merged data' tool in the mail merge tool bar.

I have searched the archives but have not seen anything like this.
Can anyone shed any light on this, please.
Barbara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765. See also the Word macro
to toggle the registry setting referred to in that link at
http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm#SQL.

View Merged Data aleon Mailmerge 5 April 8th 08 07:56 PM
C# --> View Merged data Problem goraya Mailmerge 1 June 18th 05 01:47 PM
View Merged Data button not working AlanMagpie Mailmerge 0 June 10th 05 10:02 PM
View Merged Data Button not Working AlanMagppie Mailmerge 2 June 10th 05 07:12 PM
View Merged Data button not working AlanMagpie Mailmerge 0 June 10th 05 10:20 AM