John Rice

Default On the speech tools can you change the voice you hear

The voice playback sounds like Steven Hawkes can you obtain other voices and
change the playback speed. Thanks in anticipation of your answers
Tony Jollans

From the Lnaguage Bar, select Tools Options
Click on Advanced Speech
Select the Text to Speech tab
Choose your voice from the Voice Selection dropdown
And move the slider at the bottom for speed.

There are only a couple built in and they all sound very electronic of
course.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"John Rice" John wrote in message
news
The voice playback sounds like Steven Hawkes can you obtain other voices
and
change the playback speed. Thanks in anticipation of your answers

Jay Freedman

Hi John,

I used the terms

text speech voice download microsoft

which still returned almost 9.5 million hits. I didn't look at all of them.
:-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

John Rice wrote:
Thanks Jay,
Do you know where I can get the other voices i have looked on the web
what search did you use

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:55:02 -0800, John Rice John
wrote:

The voice playback sounds like Steven Hawkes can you obtain other
voices and change the playback speed. Thanks in anticipation of
your answers

You can set the voice (if you have more than one installed) and the
speed in the Speech dialog of the Windows Control Panel.

I think you can download other voices, but a quick look at Google
turned up mostly voices that work only with other speech engines that
you have to spend money for.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman