Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] teo22@libero.it is offline

Default Saving Mail Merge in different files

Hi all,

I'm facing this problem.

I have an Excel file with 7000 lines and I have to produce 7000 .doc
files with some of these information.
I have a word template to fill with some variable of the Excel file.

I'm using Mail Merge but I'm only able to create a document with 7000
pages correctly formatted instead of 7000 files.

I need to create 7000 files and saving them (the name of the file
saved is one of the Excel's variable).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On 9 Apr, 16:22, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Seehttp://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
Hi all,

I'm facing this problem.

I have an Excel file with 7000 lines and I have to produce 7000 .doc
files with some of these information.
I have a word template to fill with some variable of the Excel file.

I'm using Mail Merge but I'm only able to create a document with 7000
pages correctly formatted instead of 7000 files.

I need to create 7000 files and saving them (the name of the file
saved is one of the Excel's variable).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Thanks Graham,
after posting I found your site and I was reading your code which
solve my problem!
Another (maybe) question: it's possible doing the same thing but
saving it in .pdf file (print to pdf)?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Teo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Thanks Graham,
after posting I found your site and I was reading your code which
solve my problem!
Another (maybe) question: it's possible doing the same thing but
saving it in .pdf file (print to pdf)?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Teo

You didn't read the page very thoroughly
The add-in (which works with Word XP to 2007) will output to PDF or document

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] teo22@libero.it is offline

ooops! :-)
I'll have a look!