carlos

Default Hyperlinks will not work after saving the file

We are creating word documtes with hyperlinks to files located in different
shares of our network. they work perfectly fine, but after we save the file,
close it and olpen it again the liks will stop working. The error
descriptions are :"The address of this site is not valid"

I edit the hyper link and the address looks like :

.../../std-op-proc/quality%20management%20system%20index.xls

insted of

\\computername\share\file name.typ

as it shows when the link is first created.

Any Idea what is wrong???

Thanks for the help

Carlos

Tony Jollans

Hyperlinks are stored as relative unless you set a hyperlink base to
something which forces them to be absolute. Try setting a hyperlink base to,
say, your C drive before saving the document.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"carlos" wrote in message
We are creating word documtes with hyperlinks to files located in

different
shares of our network. they work perfectly fine, but after we save the

file,
close it and olpen it again the liks will stop working. The error
descriptions are :"The address of this site is not valid"

I edit the hyper link and the address looks like :

../../std-op-proc/quality%20management%20system%20index.xls

insted of

\\computername\share\file name.typ

as it shows when the link is first created.

Any Idea what is wrong???

Thanks for the help

Carlos

my hyperlinks don't work in Word 2003 when i open the file again Blin Microsoft Word Help 5 September 14th 05 04:57 PM
How to?: Hyperlinks with text derived from bookmarks that work in Brian Kramer Microsoft Word Help 3 August 15th 05 03:50 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Saving file as .htm Jim C Microsoft Word Help 1 February 21st 05 10:42 PM
Hyperlinks don't work on my computer but do work on other computer TheDudeAbides Tables 1 February 8th 05 05:17 PM