GKW in GA

Default Controlling toolbars at startup

Often, when I open a document Word displays toolbars that I do not care to
see. It also re-arranges them on the display. How can I specify which toobars
I want to display on startup and prevent others from displaying
Shauna Kelly

Hi GKW

What is the name of the problem toolbars? To find out, click on the three
grey vertical dots at the far end of a toolbar, and drag into the middle of
the screen. You can now see the name of the toolbar in a grey panel above
the icons.

And, what version of Word do you have?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"GKW in GA" wrote in message
Often, when I open a document Word displays toolbars that I do not care to
see. It also re-arranges them on the display. How can I specify which
toobars
I want to display on startup and prevent others from displaying

Shauna Kelly

Hi GKW

How you control the toolbars depends on where they come from. The names of
the toolbars would have told us whether these are Word toolbars or whether
they are coming from an add-in, and what might be causing them to appear
when you don't want them.

As a miscellaneous collection of references to solve several toolbar
problems, try
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...WebToolbar.htm
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5dcd8dd?lnk=st
[that link may break in translation, so you may have to glue it back
together again]

Hope this helps.

"GKW in GA" wrote in message
Often, when I open a document Word displays toolbars that I do not care
see. It also re-arranges them on the display. How can I specify which
toobars
I want to display on startup and prevent others from displaying

GKW in GA

Thanks, the link to Graham Mayors site told me what I need to know:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
End Sub