Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlie Skinner Charlie Skinner is offline

Default The left indent moves in progressively as I type. w/no indent.

As I type lines of text ( with no hard return) the left indent moves in
progressively. I am not using a hanging indent format. How can I cann keep
this from happening . Also , as I type lines of text with or without hard
returns, Word changes the first letter of each line to upper case from lower
case. This happens even when the word is in the middle of a sentence? How can
I stop this?

I've got to say: Word compared to Wordperfect is just not very good.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBTa2lubmVy?=,

As I type lines of text ( with no hard return) the left indent moves in
progressively. I am not using a hanging indent format. How can I cann keep
this from happening . Also , as I type lines of text with or without hard
returns, Word changes the first letter of each line to upper case from lower
case. This happens even when the word is in the middle of a sentence? How can
I stop this?

I've got to say: Word compared to Wordperfect is just not very good.

That's a matter of opinion; each has its strengths and weaknesses (I've used
both). But the problem you describe is something I've never seen before - in
some fifteen years of working with Word.

Which version of Word are we discussing? Is this a document that was created in
Word, originally?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org