Dan Schaffer

Default Font changes in "Normal" style.

Hi,

I use Word 2002, with Win XP Pro, SP2.

I've defined the "Normal" style as including the Arial font. Yet every once
in a while I'll open a new (blank) document and find that "Normal" has been
redefined to use Times New Roman.

I'd be grateful for an explanation and help in fixing this behavior.

Good luck, Dan

Luc

Dan,
If i understand you correctly you want to start every new document in Word
with the Arial font. Well go to Format - font - choose Arial - click on the
button at the bottom of the dialogue which lets you change the default font,
click on yes when you are prompted to save this setting to normal.dot.
Does this help?
Luc
"Dan Schaffer" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I use Word 2002, with Win XP Pro, SP2.

I've defined the "Normal" style as including the Arial font. Yet every
once in a while I'll open a new (blank) document and find that "Normal"
has been redefined to use Times New Roman.

I'd be grateful for an explanation and help in fixing this behavior.

Good luck, Dan

Luc

Dan,
I thought so, but it was worth a shot. You say it is only occasionaly, that
seems weird. Maybe it's an indication that normal.dot is becoming corrupt.
Try renaming it, do not delete it, work for a while with the new normal.dot
and see if the behaviour reappears. If not, copy any customizations from
your old normal.dot to your new and delete the old one.

"Luc" wrote in message
Dan,
If i understand you correctly you want to start every new document in
Word with the Arial font. Well go to Format - font - choose Arial - click
on the button at the bottom of the dialogue which lets you change the
default font, click on yes when you are prompted to save this setting to
normal.dot.
Does this help?
Luc
"Dan Schaffer" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I use Word 2002, with Win XP Pro, SP2.

I've defined the "Normal" style as including the Arial font. Yet every
once in a while I'll open a new (blank) document and find that "Normal"
has been redefined to use Times New Roman.

I'd be grateful for an explanation and help in fixing this behavior.

Good luck, Dan

Klaus Linke

Hi Dan,

Perhaps search your system for "normal.dot"... you might have two of them?
(Make sure you include hidden files and folders under the advanced search
options)

Maybe your machine allows you to log on under different identities? That
might be the reason for different normal.dots.

If you work in a company, the sysadmin might have a policy to replace
normal.dots with clean copies now and then :-(

Regards,
Klaus