Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bravo79@gmail.com is offline

Default Formatting issues in Word

Please can somebody help me.
In Word if I select one line of text to format, bold, underline,
strike, etc. Then the whole document is formatted in this style. If I
then do an undo then just the bit I wanted formatted is formatted. So
it looks like Word is doing two steps to my one command.

EG.

this is a line of text I want in bold
this is a line of text i do not want in bold

If I select the first line only and hit bold (CTRL+B or Click on the
B) then both lines go bold
Then undo (CTRL+Z or EDIT -- Undo)
Then just the first line is in bold

I have deleted normal.dot and this made no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Si

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
Please can somebody help me.
In Word if I select one line of text to format, bold, underline,
strike, etc. Then the whole document is formatted in this style. If I
then do an undo then just the bit I wanted formatted is formatted. So
it looks like Word is doing two steps to my one command.

EG.

this is a line of text I want in bold
this is a line of text i do not want in bold

If I select the first line only and hit bold (CTRL+B or Click on the
B) then both lines go bold
Then undo (CTRL+Z or EDIT -- Undo)
Then just the first line is in bold

I have deleted normal.dot and this made no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Si

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On 10 Jul, 12:39, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message

ups.com...

Please can somebody help me.
In Word if I select one line of text to format, bold, underline,
strike, etc. Then the whole document is formatted in this style. If I
then do an undo then just the bit I wanted formatted is formatted. So
it looks like Word is doing two steps to my one command.

EG.

this is a line of text I want in bold
this is a line of text i do not want in bold

If I select the first line only and hit bold (CTRL+B or Click on the
B) then both lines go bold
Then undo (CTRL+Z or EDIT -- Undo)
Then just the first line is in bold

I have deleted normal.dot and this made no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Si- Hide quoted text -

Brilliant - this worked a treat.

Cheers Stefan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP