Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carl jordan carl jordan is offline

Default Date formats - changed in SP3 and/or Vista Ultimate?

I have Vista Ultimate on my new computer, and am using MS Word 2003 (yes, for
me it meets all my needs, and I didn't get 2007 - maybe later). I also have
SP3 installed.

The only available date formats are now the following:

Monday, 2008-0407 2008-01-7
08-04-07
08-Apr -7
2008/04/07
08-Apr. -7
7 April 2008 03-04
Apr-08
2008-01-07 13:11
13:11
1:11:56 PM 13: 11:56

How can I insert a normal date, such as "April 7, 2008"?

That is the most commonly used format, but I seem to have lost it. I
realize I can just type in the whole thing, but that format used to be there.

Thanks in advance.

cjj
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's odd. I have Word 2003 (2007, too) running in Vista Ultimate. But, I
have April 7, 2008 as one of my choices in Date and Time.

What locale/language is listed in the Date and Time dialog box? Mine is
English (U.S.) Is that choice available to you?

If I set it to English (Canada), April 7, 2008 no longer appears as an
option.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"carl jordan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carl jordan carl jordan is offline

Thanks, but that wasn't it. It is set to English (U.S.).

Perhaps I should just re-install the program, and see if that will correct it.

Where I am it is about 3:30 am, so I will have to do it another time.

I will get back to the group on this.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want a specific choice that is not shown in Insert | Date and Time,
then you need to select this as your default short or long (as appropriate)
date format in whatever is the Vista equivalent of Control Panel | Regional
and Language Options.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carl jordan carl jordan is offline

Thank you. That did it instantly. I also changed the short date format
while I was at it.

Thanks again.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Vista has changed my files from Word .doc to .txt, and. . . Don New Users 8 January 5th 08 10:44 AM
Word 2003 Pro on Vista Ultimate hemo Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 07 06:04 PM
Date Formats Chris Stammers Mailmerge 2 March 28th 07 02:54 AM
Set date formats (i.e. 4th or 3rd)? luk_sr Mailmerge 4 March 30th 06 11:43 AM
Wd '03-Date formats from Excel changed RWN Mailmerge 2 July 8th 05 03:34 PM