Nigel Greensitt

Default WordPerfect Overstrike Equivalent

WordPerfect has a typesetting function "overstrike", which you use to put one
character on top of another eg X over O or H A over W . Is there a similar
function in Word (XP or 2000)?.

I am trying to get our most stubborn secretary to use word she is constantly
telling me it isn't as good as wordperfect (Ha) and she is being very
stubborn about the move I just need to prove we can do it.
Jay Freedman

Nigel Greensitt wrote:
WordPerfect has a typesetting function "overstrike", which you use to
put one character on top of another eg X over O or H A over W . Is
there a similar function in Word (XP or 2000)?.

I am trying to get our most stubborn secretary to use word she is
constantly telling me it isn't as good as wordperfect (Ha) and she is
being very stubborn about the move I just need to prove we can do it.

Word does overstrikes with a variant of the EQ field.

See the discussion of the EQ \O (overstrike) field at
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Overbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Greg

There is also an example of overstrike and text effects to create an
offset overstrike he

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

Nigel Greensitt

Thanks for that Jay,

I just needed the start, a search for overstrike in help turned up nothing!

Unfortunately Earthlink is redlisted within our firewall, so couldn't see
your example. I have created a bit of VB with 2 input boxes so she can now
type whole sentences in and overstrike the whole thing, if that isn't an
improvement then I don't know what is!

Thanks
Nigel
Graham Mayor

Does this secretary work for you or do you work for her?
Word is different from WordPerfect, but there is very few things that one
can do that the other can't - and this is certainly not one of them.

Nigel Greensitt wrote:
WordPerfect has a typesetting function "overstrike", which you use to
put one character on top of another eg X over O or H A over W . Is
there a similar function in Word (XP or 2000)?.

I am trying to get our most stubborn secretary to use word she is
constantly telling me it isn't as good as wordperfect (Ha) and she is
being very stubborn about the move I just need to prove we can do it.

Look in Word's Help for the topic "Field codes: EQ (Equation) field." The
switch you're interested in is the \o (Overstrike) switch. And FWIW I think
it absurd that your firewall is blocking EarthLink (which happens to be my
ISP, and I am the author of the article to which Jay referred you).

"Nigel Greensitt" wrote in
message ...