wastewar

Default Track changes doucment prompt

We recently changed to Word 2003 and miss the prompt Word 2000 had asking if
you would like to merge a document you were opening with track changes in it
into the original document. If the documents had the same name, the prompt
usually came up. Any ideas on where that service can be flipped on in Word
2003?

Thanks.
Shauna Kelly

Hi wastewar

See: "Do you want to Merge Changes?"

Most people want to turn off this feature, so that article is written from
the point of view of someone who wants to turn it off. But the information
there should enable you to see how to turn it back on.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word