wordnerd

Default insert sections into a table to spellcheck

I have an online form that people need to fill out using form fields--some
have text, others have numbers, and some are check boxes. People complained
that they couldn't spell check they text boxes. So...I am not word savvy
enough to use Macros, but I want to break up the sections and protect certain
ones and then spellcheck will work with the unprotected sections. HELP!
garfield-n-odie

Interesting idea, but the parts that you want people to fill
out will have to be in the protected sections, so there
isn't much point in spellchecking the unprotected sections.

wordnerd wrote:

I have an online form that people need to fill out using form fields--some
have text, others have numbers, and some are check boxes. People complained
that they couldn't spell check they text boxes. So...I am not word savvy
enough to use Macros, but I want to break up the sections and protect certain
ones and then spellcheck will work with the unprotected sections. HELP!

wordnerd

Actually I don't care if the part the user types is protected(it's only a
blank line). I want the original form/document to maintain its integrity so
users don't alter the questions. What I did was break the table up using
continuous breaks (at first I didn't realize it was breaking because it just
thickens the line of the table). There ended up being 70 sections, then I
went through and protected all the sections I didn't want altered. All the
sections that ARE NOT protected are just blank cells where they can insert
text. I finally outsmarted word!!!

wordnerd wrote:

I have an online form that people need to fill out using form fields--some
have text, others have numbers, and some are check boxes. People complained
that they couldn't spell check they text boxes. So...I am not word savvy
enough to use Macros, but I want to break up the sections and protect certain
ones and then spellcheck will work with the unprotected sections. HELP!

wordnerd

Would the text form field allow users to spellcheck though? That's how it
used to be set up and spell check was disabled. The suggestion I had to type
it in word and copy it into the form fields didn't go over too well.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, that's the way protected documents are *supposed* to work. You

could
accomplish the same thing by inserting a text form field where you want
users to insert data.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.