Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Luke is offline

Default MS Word2003 - "Send to" Thunderbird option greyed out

I have WindowsXp and office2003, but I run Thunderbird as my mail client.

I have never been able to use the "Send to" feature of word to send a file
to an email recipient and this is rather annoying. I recently did a full and
complete reinstall and still have the same problem.

Looking at Mozilla help forums, I have encountered some suggestions,
including ensuring that Thunderbird is the default mail client. It was, and
is, but this hasn't helped.

However I believe the problem to be an MSWord issue, because I am able to
right-click "Send to" any file in Windows explorer.

Can anyone make any suggestions, I would dearly love to send to from within
Word.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Word is looking for a MAPI server (Messaging Application Programming
Interface).

ThunderBird doesn't have one.

Thunderbird is a nice IMAP client, but it doesn't have all the features of a
real Office email program :-)

Cheers

On 14/2/07 1:15 AM, in article
, "Luke"
wrote:

I have WindowsXp and office2003, but I run Thunderbird as my mail client.

I have never been able to use the "Send to" feature of word to send a file
to an email recipient and this is rather annoying. I recently did a full and
complete reinstall and still have the same problem.

Looking at Mozilla help forums, I have encountered some suggestions,
including ensuring that Thunderbird is the default mail client. It was, and
is, but this hasn't helped.

However I believe the problem to be an MSWord issue, because I am able to
right-click "Send to" any file in Windows explorer.

Can anyone make any suggestions, I would dearly love to send to from within
Word.

Thanks in advance

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Luke is offline

Thanks for your response John,

Your answer is clear, although it doesn't answer the question of why Windows
explorer can "send to" Mail recipient... I accepted that this was just the
way things were.

However tonight I was using the Track Changes and Reviewing features of Word
(still 2003) When I click on "Reply with Changes" button in the Reviewing
toolbar it is able to send the file as an attachment without any
difficulties!!!

Can someone please explain?

Luke