Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
digitig digitig is offline

Default How do I get Word to recognise an address book?

When I try to create an envelope using an address book entry it complains
that "Either there is no default mail client or the mail client cannot fulfil
the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the
default mail client".

Well, I don't want Outlook to be my mail client. I have recently switched
from Eudora to Thunderbird, which is probably what's broken this feature, but
can Word recognise a Thunderbird address book? And, if not, can I get Word to
recognise an address book without changing my mail client?

It's the Word 2007 beta I'm using, by the way. I can't readily test it on a
release version because 2007 beta doesn't seem willing to co-exist with Word
2003, the release version I have.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The address book function only works with Outlook as the default e-mail
editor (unless you have the expensive corporate messaging program -
Microsoft Exchange installed). This has been true for some time, and I doubt
that it has changed with 2007.

digitig wrote:
When I try to create an envelope using an address book entry it
complains that "Either there is no default mail client or the mail
client cannot fulfil the messaging request. Please run Microsoft
Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client".

Well, I don't want Outlook to be my mail client. I have recently
switched from Eudora to Thunderbird, which is probably what's broken
this feature, but can Word recognise a Thunderbird address book? And,
if not, can I get Word to recognise an address book without changing
my mail client?

It's the Word 2007 beta I'm using, by the way. I can't readily test
it on a release version because 2007 beta doesn't seem willing to
co-exist with Word 2003, the release version I have.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
digitig digitig is offline

I wonder why it worked when I had Eudora as my mail client, then? I used to
be able to use the address book feature, and I've never had Outlook as my
default mail client (although I've always had Outlook installed).