Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jnm jnm is offline

Default Insertion of pictures in form fields

I am working on a report form template in Word2000. I have a number of form
fields, which originally were intended for text.

Now the users want to ad pictures to some of the fields. But that is not
possible unless I unprotect the form. And to unprotect the form leads to
loss of all data in the form fields.

Any good idea to solve this?

Regards

Jorgen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Download the demonstration template Form_Picture.dot from
http://jay-freedman.info. If you have trouble adapting this technique
to your template, write to me.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:24:14 +0200, "jnm" wrote:

I am working on a report form template in Word2000. I have a number of form
fields, which originally were intended for text.

Now the users want to ad pictures to some of the fields. But that is not
possible unless I unprotect the form. And to unprotect the form leads to
loss of all data in the form fields.

Any good idea to solve this?

Regards

Jorgen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jnm jnm is offline

Thanks Jay

Your way of doing the trick looks fine.

However my users want to be able to place one or more pictures in any of the
Form Fields and to ad any kind of text comments to the picture.

I am right now working on a solution, where I unprotect the form and protect
again after insertion of the picture. I have found a way to do so by an
Article contributed by MVP Ibby and Geoff Whitfield.

It is not so straight forward but it work.

Regards

Jorgen