Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zakhary Zakhary is offline

Default Seperating/Unlinking Option Button Groups

I am trying to use the Option Buttons in Word 2003. To walk you to where I
am at, I go to View - Toolbars - Control Toolbox. This toolbar set allows
users to place checkboxes, Option Buttons, and much more, within a document.

I am in the process of creating a survey and for each question, a
participant is only to be allowed to answer with one of the options provided.
The trouble that I am having is that Word seems to automatically connect all
Option Buttons in th edocument to the same restriction set. To put this in
question format, how can I seperate the many Option Buttons into different
groups of Option Buttons so that when I select an answer to question #1, the
Word system does not prohibit me from selecting an answer to question #100?

It seems that no matter how many or how far away each Option Button is in
the document, I am only able to select one of the Option Buttons throughout.
There has to be a way to create groups of Option Buttons so that these
restrictions are only applicable to each group independently. How is this
done?
--
-Zakhary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Properties dialog for each option button, fill in the GroupName
property. All the buttons in one set should have the same value for
their GroupName property, and that should be different from the value
used for any other set. (Since the default value is blank, they're all
in the same set initially.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman