Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

Default Word pad

?B?cXVtcmFuYW5keQ==?=
wrote in :

Dear Suzanne,
I got an e-mail attachment, an .rtf file of a proposed book-review,
quite long, 16 pages. I downloaded it and made extensive corrections
to it. I saved the corrections as an .rtf file then went to send them
back to the author and couldn't find the file. I reaccessed it from
my work bar at the bottom of the screen - I was working on it in Word
- and resaved it as a word document. Now I can't find either file to
reattach and send. The files were saved in a folder called kb2rock5
underLocal Disk c:, Documents and Seeings, User, Local Settings,
Temporary Internet, Conlum.IES (sorry I can't read my writing), but I
can't get past User to Local Settings when I search that way. Andrew

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It sounds as if it may have been saved in a different format or
corrupted.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Thank You for getting back to me. Yes word pad is under acessories
but

when I
open up word pad then the file that I want opened, it isn't there.
I can't seem to find the file that I want. It is now under 2003
word viewer but

it
is jumbled up with all different signs and codes. I don't know how

decode
the writing.
Regards Sharon
\ "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wordpad is part of Windows. Have you looked on the Programs menu
under Accessories?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
I have tried to open it in word pad but I can't seem to find it
in my
system.
I know it was in my secondary hard drive then I got it put in
with my

Main
drive. I t is still in my system but I can't find it in my word
pad.

HELP
ME
PLEASE.

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Suzanne,
I tried to open it in Word pad but it won't open.
When I

put
my
secondary hard drive in with the main hard hard drive which
is now
Windows XP
as I had an old computer with the basics back then it doesn't
seem

work.
Regards Sharon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you're not opening this in WordPad?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Hello everyone,
I have tried everything that

garfield-n-oldie
had
told
me to do, I have modify the windows registry...didn't
work, I
installed
the
free word 2003 viewer...didn't work all I have now is
funny
pictures/signs
in
place of the writing. Can someone please help me decode
this

problem
and
allow me to open my wordpad document.

Thank you...Have a good night.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great
day. My
question is
that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive
which is

word
pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it
comes

up
with
"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got
Windows

XP
and I
have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive
(C

but I
can't
seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it.
Please
help me,
much
appreciated.

Regards

Afraid you wasted your time and LOST all your work.
The folder you desribed is a TEMP folder and is likely gone.

In the future, when somebody sends you an email attachment of a file you
intend to keep or work on?
Save it to a local folder, do NOT open it from your email software.
Then go to the local folder and open with the software that is
compatible.