Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martin martin is offline

Default frames

I am trying to open a word document I emailed to another user. The following
message appears "This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support
them."

The document does not open.

Not sure what this means or how to solve the issue.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?bWFydGlu?=,

I am trying to open a word document I emailed to another user. The following
message appears "This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support
them."

The document does not open.

"Frames" would be a web-page construct. Did you send the document as an
attachment, or as the body of the email?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?bWFydGlu?=,

as an attachment

Did you perhaps save it as a "Web page", rather than as a Word document?

What kinds of things did the document contain (besides text)?

Make sure the attachments is saved to disk, as a file. Then in Word, File/Open. If
you're still seeing the problem, File/Open again. This time, from the list at the
very bottom - where you should see "Word Document *.doc" - select "Recover text
from any file". Does that at least show you the text that was in the document?

I am trying to open a word document I emailed to another user. The following
message appears "This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support
them."

The document does not open.

"Frames" would be a web-page construct. Did you send the document as an
attachment, or as the body of the email?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Invisible frames question Mike Hughes New Users 1 March 30th 06 06:07 PM
frames Frank Drost Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:24 AM
Frames and disappearing text Sue W Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Frames, Captions, and Graphic Placement Colin Higbie Microsoft Word Help 7 January 9th 05 07:56 PM
How do I remove multiple frames from a document? Speedyy57 Page Layout 1 December 16th 04 10:21 AM