Gloria Burt

Default How do I turn off auto formatting in Word 2003?

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.
garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type, and
uncheck everything (or whatever things you don't want Word to do
automatically).

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:37:02 -0800, "Gloria Burt" Gloria
wrote:

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Gloria

Jay: thanks. I turned everything off and I still have a problem when I bold
a line or underline a line, it does the whole document. I downloaded and
attempted to install the macro but am guessing I did it wrong since it won't
run. Is there any other options to turn off besides autocorrect? g

wrote:

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

garfield-n-odie

That's a different question, which has a different answer. Turn off
"automatically update" in your style definitions. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm for more
info.

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

garfield-n-odie

awwww shucks... glad to hear you got things working :-)

Gloria wrote:

Thanks, as usual, can't solve the problem without the right question. You
are definitely my hero today since I have been unable to finish my report!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mockingbirdbat

Hi -- I'm having a similar problem where I want to use my own, custom-built
auto-corrections about 50% of the time, and the rest of the time I want
almost none of them. I've posted my problem, but I'm still looking around to
see if there's something here related to my issue. I was excited when I saw
this macro, and I installed it, too, but it doesn't seem to be doing
anything. Or maybe it's only affecting the auto-corrects that are hardwired
in Word, and ignores the ones I've added myself?

I know this is an old post (here with the link to the macro) but if anyone
still looks this far back, I'd love some advice.

Thanks,

--Kate

wrote:

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See my reply to your previous question.

wrote:

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 08:49 PM
Turn off Auto Style Formatting Django Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 04 08:17 PM
How do I convert a cd in word perfect to microsoft word greylady Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 08:03 PM