Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
freelancer freelancer is offline

Default bibliography

When writing a report I get fed up of having to write in the name of my
source in the footnotes every time I make a reference. Can the footnotes be
linked to a bibliography table/page that will insert key elements about a
source text, such as tile and authors? This would be in the form of a drop
down table or similar. Have MS developed such a feature? Would they like to
buy the idea from me?
Anyway, any replies would greatly be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

There's a product named EndNote that people who do a lot of citations would
not be without. It's not Microsoft software, and Microsoft does not have an
equivalent.

Buy it he http://www.endnote.com/

You can, of course, insert the reference once as an an end note, then simply
cross-reference it each other time you want to cite it. It's a bit more
fiddly, but saves the cost of EndNote for small jobs.

Cheers

On 14/1/07 6:23 AM, in article
, "freelancer"
wrote:

When writing a report I get fed up of having to write in the name of my
source in the footnotes every time I make a reference. Can the footnotes be
linked to a bibliography table/page that will insert key elements about a
source text, such as tile and authors? This would be in the form of a drop
down table or similar. Have MS developed such a feature? Would they like to
buy the idea from me?
Anyway, any replies would greatly be appreciated

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410