Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tryanGW tryanGW is offline

Default font problem

The font in one of my documents has changed to Arial Alternative. It is not
installed on my desktop so Symbol was chosen as the closest font. When I try
to change to any English text based font(Arial, for instance) I just get
boxes instead of characters. How do I get my fonts back to working in this
document? They work in other documents.
--
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

You might try using "Paste Special" to paste the text into a new document as
unformatted text. Select all (Ctrl-A) and copy the document. Then open a new
document and use Edit - Paste Special - Unformatted Text to paste it into the
new document.

I hope that helps.

Fred

"tryanGW" wrote:

The font in one of my documents has changed to Arial Alternative. It is not
installed on my desktop so Symbol was chosen as the closest font. When I try
to change to any English text based font(Arial, for instance) I just get
boxes instead of characters. How do I get my fonts back to working in this
document? They work in other documents.
--
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tryanGW tryanGW is offline

I tried your suggestion but still get the same results. I can select Symbol,
Bookshelf symbol, Wingdings,... but any readable font still comes up as
boxes, even after I paste special unformatted into another document.
--
Tom

Font Problem Ady Mailmerge 2 July 14th 06 12:20 PM
Table Autoformat problem with font colors Matt Tables 2 May 24th 06 01:29 PM
Collapsing font problem JohnP Microsoft Word Help 0 October 12th 05 04:00 PM
Problem with Default Font While Printing Envelopes husky86 Microsoft Word Help 5 October 7th 05 12:09 PM
HTML in WORD 2000 - Problem with Font Sizes Doug Microsoft Word Help 0 March 2nd 05 01:19 AM