Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

Default 2003 Loosing Sub Menus

This happens on to quite a few users. They go to insert/delete a row in a
table only to find that while the Table menu appears the sub-menus do not.
Nothing flashes. They simply do not reappear.

We've had them go in a reset the Menu Bar under View Toolbars Customize
however this is an irrating problem. We do a lot of table work here so
that's were it's mostly noticed but I've seen it with the Draw button on the
Drawing Toolbar and another I currently forget which.

Other sub-menu's will appear fine, such as the File menu or Format menu.

Any what may be causing this? and how to fix it?

~Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/missingmenusetc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lori" wrote in message
news
This happens on to quite a few users. They go to insert/delete a row in a
table only to find that while the Table menu appears the sub-menus do not.
Nothing flashes. They simply do not reappear.

We've had them go in a reset the Menu Bar under View Toolbars
Customize
however this is an irrating problem. We do a lot of table work here so
that's were it's mostly noticed but I've seen it with the Draw button on
the
Drawing Toolbar and another I currently forget which.

Other sub-menu's will appear fine, such as the File menu or Format menu.

Any what may be causing this? and how to fix it?

~Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

Stefan~

I was afraid of this.

We have other periodic problems where the huge chunks of Tools Options get
screwed up. The blue background gets turned, inches become pixels, the
number of recently used docs switches from 5 to 1600 something....

The only way we've found to fix it is to delete the entire entry in the
registry for Word and for a reinstall from the server. I know I've done this
on my system and I'm still have the missing sub-menu problem.

I'm really starting to appreciate the PC/Mac commericals.

~Lori

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/missingmenusetc.htm.

--