childeroland

Default how do i change number of lines per page in Word?

how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use the
Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this tab?
Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I find
this tab?
garfield-n-odie

The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is enabled
through Microsoft Office Language Settings.

childeroland wrote:

how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use the
Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this tab?
Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I find
this tab?

childeroland

Ms. Barnhill:
Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.

thanks,
childeroland

childeroland wrote:

how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use

the
Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this

tab?
Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I

find
this tab?

garfield-n-odie

Garfield here again... One way, assuming you are using a U.S. letter-size
page with 1" margins on the top and bottom, is to select the text and click
on Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing | Line spacing: Exactly: 25.5 pt

"childeroland" wrote:

Ms. Barnhill:
Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.

thanks,
childeroland

To get exactly 25 lines per page, you will have to change either the line
spacing or the margins. With the default 1" top and bottom margins, you will
need line spacing of Exactly 25 pts. Note, however, that your effective
margins will be slightly larger than 1". If you set the top and bottom
margins to 0.9" and use Exactly 26 pt line spacing, you *may* get a closer
fit. Interestingly, when I do this, I get 25 lines per page in both Print
Layout view and Print Preview, but when I print, I get only 24 lines on the
page. The top margin is 1", and the bottom margin would be, too, if the 25th
line were actually printed.

Note that 25-pt line spacing is actually greater than "double" spacing on a
typewriter, which is 24 pts (3 lpi).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using

paragraph
spacing. For more, see

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in

message

childeroland wrote:

how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says

use
the
Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find

this
tab?
Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how

do I
find
this tab?

childeroland

got it now. not such a stubborn program when it's in the cooperative mood.
grateful for your help.

childeroland

"childeroland" wrote:

Ms. Barnhill:
Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.

thanks,
childeroland

Thanks for reminding me that Word will accept fractional point sizes!