Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith Keith is offline

Default Footer help! How to edit the built-in Footers

Please help me with this extremely urgent question.

I've used the "Alphabet" Built-in Footer throughout my large document, but
when it prints, it is printed brown and I need to format/edit it so it is
black but i can't figure out how to edit it.

Is this possible? Or is it not possible because that is a buit-in footer?

I don't think I have time to try to go back and make new footers with page
numbers for all of the sections of my report at this point, but it has to be
black.

Thank you very much in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Is it the text that's brown, or just the line across the top of the
footer? The line responds to the current choice of theme colors (on
the left end of the Page Layout ribbon). Change the theme color -- you
can hover over any of the palettes in the gallery to see the effect,
and click when you see one you like.

If it's the text, then you need to modify the Footer style. Press
Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S to open the Styles pane. Click the down arrow on the
Footer style and click Modify. In the dialog, open the color dropdown
and choose the black square.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Keith -

The brown line is actually a border.
Place your cursor in the paragraph immediately below the line. From the
Home tab, in the Paragraph group, select the Border command. Select
Borders and Shading. You should see that you have a 3pt double line with
the color set to brown.
Change the color to black and then toggle the button on the preview
section to toggle off the brown and change to black.

Good Luck

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Keith" wrote in message
:

Please help me with this extremely urgent question.

I've used the "Alphabet" Built-in Footer throughout my large document, but
when it prints, it is printed brown and I need to format/edit it so it is
black but i can't figure out how to edit it.

Is this possible? Or is it not possible because that is a buit-in footer?

I don't think I have time to try to go back and make new footers with page
numbers for all of the sections of my report at this point, but it has to be
black.

Thank you very much in advance!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.