BobMed

Default Can't click hyperlink in Word 2003

I copied an email message containing two hyperlinks, and pasted it into a
Word 2003 document. When I Ctrl+click on the links, one works and one
doesn't. The non-working link gives me a "Cannot find server" title and a
"The page cannot be displayed" message.

There are two fundamental differences between the links. The working link
uses http, while the broken link uses https.

Second, the working link goes to a site only (http://www.webex.com), while
the broken link goes to a program page with a parameter
(https://mycompany.webex.com/mytraini...hp?ED=12345678)

Note that the second link in the paragraph above has been changed for
security.

Is there a problem using https from Word? Does it not pass parameters
properly? I've checked and modified the field code, but I can't get it to
work. Pasting the link into a browser window works fine.

As an employee, I'd like to know how to make this work; as a programmer, I'd
like to know why it doesn't.

Softwa
Windows XP Pro
Word 2003 SP1 5.1.2600 SP1 Build 2600
MSIE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

Thanks!
Bob

How do I hyperlink a footnote to a heading in Word 2003? Sheldon Microsoft Word Help 1 February 12th 05 10:52 PM
Basic macros query - where are they assigned to? Bert Coules New Users 15 January 18th 05 01:28 PM
WordPerfect - copying formatting Morgan Page Layout 1 January 10th 05 06:00 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
How do I convert a cd in word perfect to microsoft word greylady Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 08:03 PM