Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Quark User in MSWord

Default faded headers & footers

I'm a Designer working in Word and I'm about to hang myself!!! Please help!
Is there's another way to truly anchor graphics on a page so that they DO
NOT MOVE other than to use the footer? The problem with the footer is that
Word insists on fading back, or ghosting the graphics I've imported into it.
"It is unacceptable for our logos to look gray and weak", says our CEO, "to a
prospective client receiving this document." If there's no solution, what
other Office products might work well for building proposal/bids/estimates,
etc.?
Please, please someone tell me that there's as easy solution! Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, headers and footers are always dimmed when the insertion point is in the
main document and vice versa. If you must send documents electronically,
send them as PDFs.

"Quark User in MSWord" Quark User in
wrote in message news
I'm a Designer working in Word and I'm about to hang myself!!! Please
help!
Is there's another way to truly anchor graphics on a page so that they DO
NOT MOVE other than to use the footer? The problem with the footer is that
Word insists on fading back, or ghosting the graphics I've imported into

it.
"It is unacceptable for our logos to look gray and weak", says our CEO,

"to a
prospective client receiving this document." If there's no solution, what
other Office products might work well for building

proposal/bids/estimates,
etc.?
Please, please someone tell me that there's as easy solution! Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If you send things out as pdfs the headers and footers will be the same. The
thing is that Word is designed to produce paper documents. It isn't designed
to produce electronic messages. The PDF format mimics the printed result.
Otherwise, publisher gives great layout results, but isn't designed for word
processing (producing ordinary printed one-of documents).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message news
I'm a Designer working in Word and I'm about to hang myself!!! Please
help!
Is there's another way to truly anchor graphics on a page so that they DO
NOT MOVE other than to use the footer? The problem with the footer is that
Word insists on fading back, or ghosting the graphics I've imported into
it.
"It is unacceptable for our logos to look gray and weak", says our CEO,
"to a
prospective client receiving this document." If there's no solution, what
other Office products might work well for building
proposal/bids/estimates,
etc.?
Please, please someone tell me that there's as easy solution! Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NiceFlyer NiceFlyer is offline

I have the same problem. Converting to pdf retains the same faded effects.
Surely there must be a way to either turn off the graying effect or to darken
the graying effect, isn't there?

"Quark User in MSWord" wrote:

I'm a Designer working in Word and I'm about to hang myself!!! Please

help!
Is there's another way to truly anchor graphics on a page so that they

DO
NOT MOVE other than to use the footer? The problem with the footer is

that
Word insists on fading back, or ghosting the graphics I've imported into

it.
"It is unacceptable for our logos to look gray and weak", says our CEO,

"to a
prospective client receiving this document." If there's no solution,

what
other Office products might work well for building

proposal/bids/estimates,
etc.?
Please, please someone tell me that there's as easy solution! Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

A pdf will display the header/footer as if in a printed document. Note, this
creates a new computer file which must be viewed with a pdf viewer; it does
not change the view in Word.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

View it in Print Preview. Or create a PDF.

so
all may benefit.

"Quark User in MSWord" wrote:

[...]

How do I change existing headers and footers? Nicole Microsoft Word Help 2 March 17th 06 05:45 PM
Headers and footers montse Page Layout 1 March 14th 06 01:20 PM
Headers and footers printing different size on odd and even pages Colinhp Microsoft Word Help 4 January 19th 06 08:55 AM
Problems with Heades and Footers Lawrin Walker Microsoft Word Help 0 September 14th 05 06:06 PM
Doc Template & headers and footers Linda G Microsoft Word Help 2 June 17th 05 11:42 PM