Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rabia Rabia is offline

Default Show Text Boundaries

Is there a shortcut to "Show Text Boundaries"? I'd like to avoid going
through 4 clicks to get to it (Office Button Word Options Advanced Show
Document Content. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

You can add any Word command to the Quick Access Toolbar, by default located
at the left edge of the topmost title bar. Click on the down arrow at the
right end of the toolbar, and navigate through the menu structure in the
pop-up windows to the command you want. The QAT icons are cryptic and hard to
recognize, but you get tooltips when you hover the mouse cursor over them.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rabia Rabia is offline

Thanks, but I already tried this and found no related command. I thought
someone might have another idea.

"tedmi" wrote:

You can add any Word command to the Quick Access Toolbar, by default located
at the left edge of the topmost title bar. Click on the down arrow at the
right end of the toolbar, and navigate through the menu structure in the
pop-up windows to the command you want. The QAT icons are cryptic and hard to
recognize, but you get tooltips when you hover the mouse cursor over them.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rabia Rabia is offline

Notice is says "PageBounndaries" not text boundaries. I tried it and it just
eliminates the extra white space. Thanks anyway!

"tedmi" wrote:

You can add any Word command to the Quick Access Toolbar, by default
located
at the left edge of the topmost title bar. Click on the down arrow at the
right end of the toolbar, and navigate through the menu structure in the
pop-up windows to the command you want. The QAT icons are cryptic and
hard to
recognize, but you get tooltips when you hover the mouse cursor over
them.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hmm. I wonder why they called it "page boundaries" instead of "white space."
sigh Okay, well you could at least use ToolsOptionsView to open the
Options dialog to the View tab (that would be in Word 2003; I don't know
what the Word 2007 equivalent would be).

"tedmi" wrote:

You can add any Word command to the Quick Access Toolbar, by default
located
at the left edge of the topmost title bar. Click on the down arrow at
the
right end of the toolbar, and navigate through the menu structure in
the
pop-up windows to the command you want. The QAT icons are cryptic and
hard to
recognize, but you get tooltips when you hover the mouse cursor over
them.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To show/hide text boundaries, use the following macro:

Sub ShowHideTextBoundaries()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries = _
Not ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries

End Sub

Add it to the normal.dotm template (or to an add-in); you can then add a
button for it to the Quick Access Toolbar or attach a keyboard shortcut. See
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP