Will

Default Close Document closes Word ?? Why

When I attempt to close a document in Word 2003 it closes the program... not
just the document.

This happens when I click File Close or when I click the "x" in the upper
right hand corner... not the red "X" that closes the program.. but the "x"
below it that should close the document and leave Word running.

Any idea's how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Mike Faulkner

Will

It's possible that your [normal.dot] is corrupt. If don't have any AutoText.
Macros or personal Toolbars then delete your [normal.dot]. If problem
persists then recommend re-installing Word.

Regards
Mike

PS. Another option is to move your [normal.dot] to another location. Then
use Organiser copy your AutoText, Macros & personal Toolbars into the
new[normal.dot].