Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeannette[_2_] Jeannette[_2_] is offline

Default can't Start enforcement on editing restrictions

I setup a document with form fields and want to restrict editing to only
those fields but when I go to Protect Document and select Editing
restrictions - filling in forms, the Start Enforcement button is greyed out.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:11:00 -0700, Jeannette
wrote:

I setup a document with form fields and want to restrict editing to only
those fields but when I go to Protect Document and select Editing
restrictions - filling in forms, the Start Enforcement button is greyed out.
Any ideas?

If the Design Mode button on the ribbon is turned on, click it to turn it off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonja Holmes Sonja Holmes is offline

Yes, I had this issue today. You have to click on the "design mode" button
in the developer toolbar. Once you do that, you can enforce the restricted
editing.
--
Sonja Holmes