Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
H. S.

Default figures and subfigures and cross refencing in Word 2003

Hi,

I am trying to make figures in a technical document and I am running
into the following problems:

1) I am not able to keep the captions of figures and tables together.
The last time I dealt with this (which was a while ago) I had read about
putting the figure/table and it's caption in a text box to keep them
together. Is it still the prefered method (rather a work around)? If
not, is there a better method now in Word 2003? After all it is simple
logic to keep them together. It just doesn't make sense to think otherwise.

2) I would like to include subfigures in a figure. For example, I want
to show 4 pictures with lables "(a)", "(b)", "(c)" and "(d)". All of
them make up one figure, say "Figure 1". And I want to be able to cross
reference them as either "Figure 1" as whole (which is easily done) or
cross reference each subfigure indiviually as "Figure 1 (a)" or "Figure
1 (b)" etc. First, is this even possible in MS Word 2003? If yes, how
(or a link a webpage for instructions). If no, is there a work around to
this?

Thanks a ton,
Sam.
--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.