Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zynk Zynk is offline

Default Hyperlinks in copied documents

In Word 2003 I have created documents with hyperlinks within the document.
When I saved the document with a different name and tried the hyperlinks,
some worked and some did not. I want to say that those that were linkes to a
bookmark seemed to work, but those attached to document headings did not.

Since the doument is 226 pages long and has many hyperlinks, is there a way
to:

1. Locate them all
2. Check them.

I wish I could hope for a way to update them all, but I fear that's asking
too much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear Bear is offline

Zynk:

You should toggle the display of your field codes (Tools Options View
Field Codes). Then you can see the links and maybe determine what's wrong.
(This would be the case if you were linking to the wrong path.) If you can
tell what the paths should be, you can do Find and Replace operations on them
when you're viewing the field codes, just like any other text. When you're
done, toggle the view back by clearing the Field Codes check box.

You can update all the links at once by selecting the entire document
(Ctrl+A) then pressing F9, but you probably don't want to do that, as it will
just result in a lot of error text. You need to find and fix the problem
first, before you update the fields.

Another diagnostic tool is Edit Links. You may be able to troubleshoot
using the resulting Links dialog box.

Bear