Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OfficeStimp OfficeStimp is offline

Default Forms: fields and repeating entries...

I am creating a form and want the user to fill in his/her name at the top of
the form (using fields I guess) and when the field is completed, for that
name to be repeated further down in the document.

I have tried using field codes (Ref), but can't get it to automiatically
update lower in the document when that field has been filled in. The action
I am after is similar to a cell in excel being linked to another so that when
the first has info in it, the linked cells then show that info...

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OfficeStimp OfficeStimp is offline

I remember seeing that somewhere, but can't find it now...have tried it once
before to no avail...do you have any other suggestions?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you checked the box for "Calculate on exit" in the name form field?

http://word.mvps.org

"OfficeStimp" wrote in message
I am creating a form and want the user to fill in his/her name at the top
of
the form (using fields I guess) and when the field is completed, for that
name to be repeated further down in the document.

I have tried using field codes (Ref), but can't get it to automiatically
update lower in the document when that field has been filled in. The
action
I am after is similar to a cell in excel being linked to another so that
when
the first has info in it, the linked cells then show that info...

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for more complete
instructions. The "Calculate on exit" check box is in the Form Field Options
dialog that you get when you double-click on the form field (in design mode,
with the form unlocked).