Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rexmann rexmann is offline

Default link to a word doc in CD

Hi All

Not sure this is the correct place to post this but I have a large number of
Word docs (and a couple of Excel) which will be burned to a CD and a main
Word document which will hyperlink to these documents (example: click here to
see link.doc etc).

However I am working on my C-drive so when I create the links to the main
document they will not be targeting the correct place (once burned to CD) -
Is there a way so the hyperlink will look in the CD to open the document (not
the original C-drive - I guess so it is always looking for the file name
within the folder it is stored)

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Rexmann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

I just ran a test of a Word doc (v.'02) containing a link to an Excel
spreadsheet in the same directory. Copied both to a flash drive. The
spreadsheet could be opened from within the doc, in both Vista and WinXP.
--
TedMi

"rexmann" wrote:

Hi All

Not sure this is the correct place to post this but I have a large number of
Word docs (and a couple of Excel) which will be burned to a CD and a main
Word document which will hyperlink to these documents (example: click here to
see link.doc etc).

However I am working on my C-drive so when I create the links to the main
document they will not be targeting the correct place (once burned to CD) -
Is there a way so the hyperlink will look in the CD to open the document (not
the original C-drive - I guess so it is always looking for the file name
within the folder it is stored)

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Rexmann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi rexmann,

What you need to use is relative paths for the links. Excel does that automatically. To see how to implement relative paths in Word,
check out the solution I've posted at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=670027

--
Cheers