Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hamboz hamboz is offline

Default combining indexes

I would like to combine the indexes from a number of documents in order to
make one general index. What has occurred in a test run was a name used in
two documents showed up as separate headings:
for example:
Smith
Howard, 45
June, 47
Smith
Howard, 99
I wish to create one heading:
Smith
Howard, 45, 99
June, 47
How can I do this?
Thank you.
--
hamboz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if you are manually combining the text of the two indexes. Have
you considered using RD fields to combine the actual INDEX fields from the
two documents into a third document?

http://word.mvps.org

"hamboz" hambozathotmaildotcom wrote in message
I would like to combine the indexes from a number of documents in order to
make one general index. What has occurred in a test run was a name used
in
two documents showed up as separate headings:
for example:
Smith
Howard, 45
June, 47
Smith
Howard, 99
I wish to create one heading:
Smith
Howard, 45, 99
June, 47
How can I do this?
Thank you.
--
hamboz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hamboz hamboz is offline

I have no idea what that means. I have a very large document that I divided
into 5 smaller documents, in which I added the index entries, now as I said,
I wish to re-combine the material. I hope your suggestion is an easy
solution since I have spent the past year placing the index entries!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
--
hamboz