Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pookie pookie is offline

Default hidden text prints

How do I find text that is hidden but doesn't show up on my screen? I can't
see it, but it's there when I print. I'm using Word 08.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Show nonprinting characters. Click the ¶ button (I'm assuming that this
button exists also in Macintosh versions of Word).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"pookie" wrote in message
How do I find text that is hidden but doesn't show up on my screen? I
can't
see it, but it's there when I print. I'm using Word 08.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Stefan;

Yes, even the lowly Mac version has the ability to display the non-printing
characters, & the button is the same ;-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/22/09 2:22 PM, in article ,
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Show nonprinting characters. Click the ¶ button (I'm assuming that this
button exists also in Macintosh versions of Word).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Stefan has answered your question, but in addition...

If you do not want the Hidden text to print go into Word Preferences Print
& clear the check for Hidden.

If you want the content to remain in the document but no longer be Hidden
either select the text & go to Format Font to remove the Hidden attribute
or modify the Style if that's how it was applied.

Also, there is a separate newsgroup for Mac Word as well as for the other
Mac Office software. Although many things are the same/similar there are
some that are quite different, so you'd do better to post any Mac Office
related questions there. Go to the Mactopia web site & click the Forums link
in the topmost navigation bar or use this link:

http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/

You may find accessing newsgroups using a newsreader (such as Entourage) to
be a bit more effective & less confusing. If you're interested look he

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/AccessNewsgroups.html

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/22/09 1:05 PM, in article
, "pookie"
wrote:

How do I find text that is hidden but doesn't show up on my screen? I can't
see it, but it's there when I print. I'm using Word 08.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One never knows what happens to applications in that operating system. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

.. .