Industrious Annette

Default MP tray printing

I use word 2003, and a brother laser printer that has a MP tray
(multipurpose). The settings on the printer properties is to automatically
select the tray to use, yet WORD insists on using the MP tray, though it is
not set up to print from there. Brother says there is a setting that has to
be changed in WORD. It automatically selects the correct tray when using
wordpad. Where is the setting and how can I change it? Thanks.

garfield-n-odie

Well, that's the only place in Word where you can change the tray
choice. Another place where you might be able to change the tray
choice is in the Windows printer driver, which you can access
from Word by clicking on File | Print | Properties, or from
Windows by clicking on Start | Control Panel | Printers |
right-click on your printer | Properties. Or there could be
menu/function buttons on the printer itself that let you choose
which tray to look in first (my old Hewlett Packard LaserJet 4
has these). Lastly, if you are printing to a custom paper size
or an envelope size, then I think Word automatically prints to
the manual tray regardless of which tray you have selected.

"Industrious Annette" wrote:

I use word 2003, and a brother laser printer that has a MP tray
(multipurpose). The settings on the printer properties is to automatically
select the tray to use, yet WORD insists on using the MP tray, though it is
not set up to print from there. Brother says there is a setting that has to
be changed in WORD. It automatically selects the correct tray when using
wordpad. Where is the setting and how can I change it? Thanks.

Industrious Annette

I have found the solution, in case anyone else needs the answer. In Word you
go to tools, options, print and select automatically select. Mine print
opions were set at MP tray so it always wanted to print to the MP tray.
Thanks for your suggestions!