Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry D Terry D is offline

Default How do I stop text starting at very top of new page.

When opening a new document in Word 2003, my cursor now appears at the very
top of the page. This is despite the margins being set to 2.5cm all round.
This change has only come about recently and is not affected by changing the
default page.
The only way I have found around the problem, is to click on view headers
and footers, then close it. This then causes the cursor to drop down to the
correct line place i.e. 2.5cm from the top of the page.
I normally view the pages in print layout.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the View tab and check
the box against "Show white space between pages (Print and Weblayout View)"
(or something like that - it's somewhat different in 2007)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP