Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Default Font size in Indexes

This is most frustrating. I have marked several entries and have a nice
functional index, however one heading (marked as the main entry) insists on
being a much larger font. I cannot, for the life of me, understand what I
have done differently. Can anyone explain this? Thank you. Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The formatting of index entries is determined by the Index 1, Index 2, etc.,
style; like a TOC, however, an index will pick up direct font formatting, so
make sure that any direct formatting applied to the text on which the entry
is based is removed from the XE field itself.

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
This is most frustrating. I have marked several entries and have a nice
functional index, however one heading (marked as the main entry) insists

on
being a much larger font. I cannot, for the life of me, understand what I
have done differently. Can anyone explain this? Thank you. Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Strange thing is they were all identical. And they were all "Index 1", but
one of them was size 14, the rest size 9, but all were Index 1. I finally
deleted them all and re-entered them, they kept messing up....some would go
under a index heading of size 9 and some would go under one size 14. It was
absolutely stupid! I kept deleting them and re-doing them. Finally, they
all went under size 9 index heading entry (Main Entry). It made no sense,
and I've no idea what I did differently, except maybe hold my mouth a
different way. Thank you. Connie

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The formatting of index entries is determined by the Index 1, Index 2, etc.,
style; like a TOC, however, an index will pick up direct font formatting, so
make sure that any direct formatting applied to the text on which the entry
is based is removed from the XE field itself.

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
This is most frustrating. I have marked several entries and have a nice
functional index, however one heading (marked as the main entry) insists

on
being a much larger font. I cannot, for the life of me, understand what I
have done differently. Can anyone explain this? Thank you. Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I said, you must have had the XE field itself formatted differently.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The formatting of index entries is determined by the Index 1, Index 2,

etc.,
style; like a TOC, however, an index will pick up direct font

formatting, so
make sure that any direct formatting applied to the text on which the

entry
is based is removed from the XE field itself.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Connie Martin" wrote in

message