Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leeds Jan Leeds Jan is offline

Default Changing name in filepath after documents & setting but b4 my docs

Please help me - I want to change the name which appears in the automatic
filepath when using location and filepath in headers/footers. The name
appears after drive and 'documents and settings,' but before 'my documents.'
I really would appreciate your help. I've changed author name, but still
this other name appears. Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The filepath reflects the location on your hard drive where the file is
actually stored - by default C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My
Documents where username is the name of the logged in user.

You would need to change that location for something different to appear
there. You can change the default location for Word documents at tools
options file locations documents but then you would have to move the
documents to it (or you can move the My Documents Folder in Windows to a
preferred location - eg I have all my data files on a separate hard drive -
and point Word's document location to that new location).

If you want to limit what is displayed then you could do that with vba, but
you would have to tell us *exactly* what you want to appear and *exactly*
what is currently displayed - and the vba forum would be a better place to
discuss that.