Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
exasperated ellie exasperated ellie is offline

Default Custom Envelope

I need to print an address onto an envelope (size C5) with the address
printing from 11.8cm from the left. When ever I change it in the envelope
options window it just reverts to auto when printing. How can I set this
option?

Many thanks
Ellie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The text is placed on an envelope by the Envelope Address and Envelope
Return paragraph styles. See
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

exasperated ellie wrote:
I need to print an address onto an envelope (size C5) with the address
printing from 11.8cm from the left. When ever I change it in the
envelope options window it just reverts to auto when printing. How
can I set this option?

Many thanks
Ellie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
exasperated ellie exasperated ellie is offline

Thanks for reply. I have been through the instructions (4 times!!!) but
still cannot get my address to print 11.8 cm from the left. I can't see what
I'm doing wrong or not doing. Sorry to be so thick!

exasperated ellie wrote:
I need to print an address onto an envelope (size C5) with the address
printing from 11.8cm from the left. When ever I change it in the
envelope options window it just reverts to auto when printing. How
can I set this option?

Many thanks
Ellie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Add the envelope to a document. Drag the frame in the direction you need to
make it print as desired then when you are happy, re-apply the envelope
address style. At the prompt update the style to reflect the new
information. From the format style dialog, click the add to template button.
This will then configure the default template to use C5 envelope spacing.

exasperated ellie wrote:
I need to print an address onto an envelope (size C5) with the
address printing from 11.8cm from the left. When ever I change it
in the envelope options window it just reverts to auto when
printing. How can I set this option?

Many thanks
Ellie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
exasperated ellie exasperated ellie is offline

Many thanks for your replies and time, I just cannot get this to work
unfortunately, I have set up the sheet but when I go to envelopes & labels
and then options, under the envelope options tab I can change the €˜from top
measurement in the delivery address section to whatever I want but if I
change the €˜from left to 11.8 as soon as I close the window it still reverts
to €˜auto

exasperated ellie wrote:
I need to print an address onto an envelope (size C5) with the
address printing from 11.8cm from the left. When ever I change it
in the envelope options window it just reverts to auto when
printing. How can I set this option?

Many thanks
Ellie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are not following Graham's directions, are you? He is suggesting that
you modify the styles in an actual envelope, not in the Envelope Options
dialog. If it were not for repeated reports that these settings are not
saved (despite users' clicking Default...), I would suspect that Normal.dot
was not being saved when you quit Word. If you still have the problem after
modifying the styles and checking the "Add to template" box, then this might
in fact be the problem.

"exasperated ellie" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You won't get an update prompt, though, unless you have "Prompt to

update
styles" checked on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.