Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NewsGroups NewsGroups is offline

Default Merge to Email From: Field

Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is working fine
except that I have no way to define a Custom From: Field. I dont want the
emails to be replied to my personal email I want them to reply to my
company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to define
this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set the account you want to send the messages from as the default account
for the duration of the merge rather than your personal account.

NewsGroups wrote:
Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is
working fine except that I have no way to define a Custom From:
Field. I dont want the emails to be replied to my personal email I
want them to reply to my company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to
define this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NewsGroups NewsGroups is offline

Hi, Thanks but,

Outlook wont allow this, it dosent appear in my list of accounts, and I
cannot chane my default email account. I can olnly send an email as this
account.

The email address that I have permission to send as delivers to a public
folder

Any other ideas?

John

NewsGroups wrote:
Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is
working fine except that I have no way to define a Custom From:
Field. I dont want the emails to be replied to my personal email I
want them to reply to my company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to
define this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Create a new account..

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

NewsGroups wrote:
Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is
working fine except that I have no way to define a Custom From:
Field. I dont want the emails to be replied to my personal email I
want them to reply to my company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to
define this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Doug says, you could setup a new account with the required data, however
as a temporary measure, if you got to Outlook tools e-mail accounts
view or change existing e-mail accounts. Selecty the account and choose
'change' and on the user information section change your own e-mail address
to the e-mail address you wish to be the default return address. Don't
change anything else!!!. Run the merge then change the address back to your
own.

NewsGroups wrote:
Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is
working fine except that I have no way to define a Custom From:
Field. I dont want the emails to be replied to my personal email I
want them to reply to my company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to
define this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NewsGroups NewsGroups is offline

No Can Do Im Afraid,
Its an Exchange Server and I cannot change my username or add another
exchange account or change may default email address, in fact there is no
option to do that anyway.

This may be turning into an Outlook question!!!!

NewsGroups wrote:
Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is
working fine except that I have no way to define a Custom From:
Field. I dont want the emails to be replied to my personal email I
want them to reply to my company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to
define this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Feel free to ask in an Outlook newsgroup, but I think you will probably end
up getting the same answers.

I assume that there is a good reason that you cannot change your username or
add another exchange account, etc. Do the individuals who prevent you from
doing that, condone you wanting to send the emails from other than your own
email address. If they do, then they are the ones preventing you from doing
it and it it to them that you would need to talk.

--

NewsGroups wrote:
Hi All,

Im trying to create a merge to email from an excel file, all is
working fine except that I have no way to define a Custom From:
Field. I dont want the emails to be replied to my personal email I
want them to reply to my company's catch all email.

Normally when sending an email I add it to the from: field as I have
permission to send as the selected user. But there seems no way to
define this when using an merge to email set up in Word,

Can you help?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NewsGroups NewsGroups is offline

Im supposed to send all mail regarding the project I work on from this
address, i just enter it into the from field, its when I want to to do a
mail merge I find there is no way to send multiples as that address. I
assumed there would be a simple way to do it via word.

I didnt think you could add multiple exchange servers to outlook , only
multiple pop3 etc servers, the address I wish to send as isnt an identity
anyway, its a catch all email address,