Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Calif-Biker Calif-Biker is offline

Default Captions Not Numbered Correctly

I am trying to insert captions for various tables in my document. But
captions only seem to support 1 heading level. If I have just inserted a
caption for a table under Level 3 Heading, then I can't insert a caption for
a table under the Level 2 Heading (everyting is Level 3). And vice versa.

I must be missing something. What is the way around this?

Thanks very much in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What you are seeing is the behavior in Word: You can only specify one
heading level to include with each type of caption. For example, if you
choose Heading 1 for your table captions, all tables will include the
numbering of the some Heading 1 paragraph in the text.

If you want a different setup, you must create the captions manually (be
sure to stay away from the Caption dialog box), but this will of course be a
time-consuming task.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP