mafixit

Default Macros and Keyboard Shortcuts

I type hundreds of proposals and use macros for the common lines in the
proposals. I want to assign keyboard shortcuts to these macros, but find
that I am limited to a ctrl or alt key and only 2 more characters, such as
ctrl+A+1. I need to be able to assign three characters, such as ctrl+A+B+1.

Is there any way to do this?

For instance, I have 5 proposal lines that relate to painting of block
walls. So I need to assign a keyboard shortcut for each of the five lines,
called BW1, BW2, BW3, BW4, BW5 (BW standing for block walls).
Klaus Linke

"mafixit" wrote:
I type hundreds of proposals and use macros for the common lines in =

the=20
proposals. I want to assign keyboard shortcuts to these macros, but =

find=20
that I am limited to a ctrl or alt key and only 2 more characters, =

such as=20
ctrl+A+1. I need to be able to assign three characters, such as =

ctrl+A+B+1.
=20
Is there any way to do this?
=20
For instance, I have 5 proposal lines that relate to painting of block =

walls. So I need to assign a keyboard shortcut for each of the five =

lines,=20
called BW1, BW2, BW3, BW4, BW5 (BW standing for block walls).

Hi mafixit,

I'm not your ma... but maybe use the built-in feature for that kind of =
thing (AutoText)?

Ctrl+A+1 isn't a valid shortcut, either. You might use a prefix, as in =
Ctrl+A, 1 (Ctrl and A simultaneously, release, 1).
Or you might run a macro on one simple shortcut, and then fetch the name =
of your "AutoText" ("BW1", ...) from the user in an InputBox.

Regards,
Klaus

Word uses a different feature to accomplish this; it's called AutoText (you
can also use AutoCorrect in much the same way). See these articles:

What Is Autotext and How Do I Use It?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

Exploiting AutoCorrect
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm