Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
disciple disciple is offline

Default How to measure (exactly) in centimeters tabs and spaces

I would like to know if there is a way with Word 2003 to ascertain the exact
measure in centimeters of tabs and spaces, once a given character size has
been chosen.
I am interested in this because in some cases I would find it useful to set
indentations which are exactly multiples or submultiples of the tabs or
spaces.
Thanks in advance for the attention and for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Tabs, no problem - click on a line & look at the ruler. Default left tabs
are set at .5" increments, but you can set custom tabs anywhere you wish. If
necessary use ToolsOptionsGeneral & set the Measurement System to
Centimeters.

Spaces are a different story. The amount of space varies based on the
content & formatting of the line - IOW, it is variable. For that reason it
isn't generally recommended to base alignment/indentation on pressing the
space bar.

Am I missing something in your question?

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/26/07 6:12 PM, in article