Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout, microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.general
Stroller Stroller is offline

Default Printing same page twice per sheet, large document.

Hi there,

For the benefit of American readers: in Europe we typically use A4 for
documents - that's about 8" x 12" in size. A5 is "booklet" size and the
paper-size standard we use means that A5 is exactly half the size of A4
- 6" x 8". Basically, if you fold a sheet of A4 in half you have an A5
booklet, two sheets of A5 side-by-side.

So, I have a customer who has in Words an A4 document of many pages. He
wants to print this out two-sheets-to-a-page to make an A5 handout,
cutting the sheets in half and stapling them in the top left-hand
corner.

It seems easy to tell Word to print the whole document 2-sheets-per-page
- I was easily able to find this, as was my customer and I can see other
posts here dicussing this - but this prints pages 1 & 2 next to each
other on one page, then sheets 3 & 4 on the next.

My customer instead wants to print out page 1 twice on the first sheet,
page 2 twice on the second sheet, and so on. I think this makes for
easier collation when taking a stack of papers, slicing them down the
middle & stapling them.

I have been through Word's options and also those provided by the
advanced options of my customer's Oki printer, but I can't see any way
to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Bonus points for a solution which allows me to print page 1 twice on the
first sheet, page 3 twice on the second and allows the sheets to be
easily manually duplexed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice,

Stroller.

Stroller wrote:
My customer instead wants to print out page 1 twice on the first

sheet,
page 2 twice on the second sheet, and so on. I think this makes for
easier collation when taking a stack of papers, slicing them down the
middle & stapling them.

Ooops... forgot to mention - the customer is running Word 2007 (Office
2007) on Windows XP.

Stroller.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.general

Assuming (and it's a large assumption) that this has not changed from Word
2003, the trick is to enter the pages in the Pages box in the order in which
you want them (1, 1, 3, 3, etc.). If this is a very long document, then that
will be tedious. But unless your customer is making a booklet that is
actually A5 folded in half, then I don't see the need to cut the A4 before
folding and stapling. And an A4 booklet (with A5 pages) is most easily
created using the "Book fold" layout, which automatically prints the pages
in the right order.

"Stroller" wrote in message
Stroller wrote:
My customer instead wants to print out page 1 twice on the first

sheet,
page 2 twice on the second sheet, and so on. I think this makes for
easier collation when taking a stack of papers, slicing them down the
middle & stapling them.

Ooops... forgot to mention - the customer is running Word 2007 (Office
2007) on Windows XP.

Stroller.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.general
mich mich is offline

Default Style Checker

I am running Word 97 and I'm wondering if the style checker has gotten any
better since that version.