wimbledon

Default Q: keyboard command to Zoom in/out

Q: keyboard command to Zoom in/out
Is there a keyboard command to view document at various 'Zoom' levels?
I can't believe one would have to mouse up to a pull-down menu everytime!

MS Help says only:
Zoom in on or out of a document
You can "zoom in" to get a close-up view of your document or "zoom out"
to see more of the page at a reduced size.
1. Click the arrow next to the Zoom box .
2. Click the zoom setting you want.

Thanks for any help you can offer. wimbles..
Greg Maxey

Default keyboard command to Zoom in/out

You can make up your own zoomin and zoomout keyboard shortcuts and assign
them to a couple of macros. These add or take away a zoom of 25% each time
they are fired:
Sub myZoomIn()
Dim i As Long
Dim myWindow As Window
For Each myWindow In Windows
i = myWindow.View.Zoom
myWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = i + 25
Next myWindow
End Sub

Sub MyZoomOut()

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

wimbledon wrote:
Q: keyboard command to Zoom in/out
Is there a keyboard command to view document at various 'Zoom' levels?
I can't believe one would have to mouse up to a pull-down menu
everytime!

MS Help says only:
Zoom in on or out of a document
You can "zoom in" to get a close-up view of your document or "zoom
out" to see more of the page at a reduced size.
1. Click the arrow next to the Zoom box .
2. Click the zoom setting you want.

Thanks for any help you can offer. wimbles..

Robert

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:43:34 -0600, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

I believe some mice with scroll wheels can do this, too, but I'm not clear
on how that works.

Greetings
Simply hold the Ctrl key down and scroll up to zoom in, down to zoom out.
--
Cheers
Robert

Tony Jollans

Ctrl+Scroll Wheel is the way to go if you have a wheel mouse. In Office
apps, you move the wheel forward to zoom in (which makes sense to me) In
Firefox you move the wheel backward to zoom in (which gets me time after
time).

If not you can assign your own hotkeys to the various standard zoom
percentages. Just go to Tools Customize Keyboard, Select All Commands on
the left and scroll down to ViewZomxxx on the right and set the keys you
want for the percentages you want.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Default zoom PaulE New Users 5 October 25th 05 09:08 AM
Once I have edited the keyboard, how to I save the result? DNelsonLimbo Microsoft Word Help 2 September 15th 05 06:38 AM
WMF files not fully visible at 100% Zoom Dana Microsoft Word Help 1 August 9th 05 05:30 AM
Restore Original Keyboard Settings ONLY Jeff Timmons Microsoft Word Help 1 June 14th 05 08:19 PM
CRAZY KEYBOARD Yusman Microsoft Word Help 2 June 8th 05 01:20 PM