bhinton bhinton is offline
Junior Member

Default Update Form field "Calculate on Exit" not working

I have created numerous calculated form fields in my document. When I create the field I check "calculate on exit". However, when I exit the field no calculation appears to occur. I have to select the field and hit F9 to make it calculate. I would appreciate any help so that I don't have to individually select each field to update.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Ctrl A, F9 stopped working

If it's a very large document, maybe it's just a delay? Have you tried
waiting a bit longer?

By the way, what kind of fields are you using? Is the document (ever)
protected?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bhinton" wrote in message ...

I have created a large document with numerous table calculations and
calculated form fields. For some reason in this document the "select
all" and f9 has stopped working. The Ctrl A does select the entire
document, but F9 does nothing. However, if I just highlight the specific
table and then hit F9 the calculation updates properly.

I did a test on the same machine on a fresh document and the Cntrl A,
F9 works fine in the new document.

Any ideas about what is going on in this large document to make the
combination stop working?

Thanks.

--
bhinton

bhinton bhinton is offline
Junior Member

It is a large document, but I have waited quite a while and nothing happened. The fields are created with the legacy tools and are form fields (calculation type fields). I have made sure the document is not protected. I also wonder if this is related to my other post..that is the Ctrl A, F9 does not work on this document any longer to select and update all fields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post